I don’t know who these people are. For some reason they were in the ‘family book’ my grand aunt made for the elders.
O.k. the picture of the 2 people are top are William Henry McPherson (B: 1872) and Hattie E. (Bouges) McPherson (B: 1877, D: 23 May 1923). They married in 1895 in Pasquotank County, NC. They had 9 possibly 10 children.
- Tem McPherson (B: 1897) – He possibly married Penelope Griffin in 1915 in Pasquotank.
- William Ernest McPherson (B: 1899). He married Georgia Temple in 1919 in Pasquotank.
- Lillie M. McPherson (B: 1901)
- Mabel L. McPherson (B: 1903)
- Flossie Luciele McPherson (B: 1923). Possibly married Mavin or Malvin Griffin in 1923 in Pasquotank.
- Carrie McPherson (B: 1909). Possibly married Joseph T. Williams in 1926.
- Zelna (Zelda) McPherson (B: 1914). Married Rufus Hinton
- Naomi M. McPherson (B: 1916).
- Ruth McPherson (B: 1919)
- David McPherson –Possibly married Emma Griffin in 1924. This is the one I’m not sure about.
Now, in the family book we have a picture of Annie Hinton. It states she is the daughter of Henry and Hattie McPherson. I believe that Ruth and Annie maybe the same person. I don’t know who these people are and in my research, I haven’t been able to connect them to the tree. So, maybe they were close friends of the family but no one really knows.
Now the article is about 5 generations of Negro farmers. I don’t know this family either. Based on the age of Margaret L. Hinton (90) in the article, I estimate it was written around 1937. According to the 1930 & 1920, census she was born 1851. The 1910 Census states she was born 1855. 1900 Census states she was born about 1848. 1870 she was born about 1846. She died on 11 Sept 1938.
I’ve contacted the Pasquotank Library for assistance on getting a better copy of the article.
Why are these people in the family book?
Maybe someone in cyberspace is looking for this tidbit of info.