When you’re shaking your family tree, a few nuts are bound to fall. However, sometimes a few skeletons fall also. I’m wondering, do you say “Hey..look at this skeleton bone that just fell” or do you dig a hole and bury it never to be found again?
When I say never, I mean, only to be found by the next person in your tree looking to shake it a little.
Everyone has a big secret in their family tree. Some directly related to the person doing the researching. Does that give you a right to make the secret known or do you wait for permission from all parties involved to blurt it out?? Some secrets can change the dynamics of an entire family. What do you do with this information???
I’ve been so scatter-brained lately. There are so many things to do that I can’t focus on one to get started. So, I decided to write a to-do list to help me get moving.
- 1. Update family database. I have some addresses I need to update.
- 2. Work on September newsletter. It’s nowhere near completion and due to be mailed out by September 15th. *sigh*.
- 3. Make phone calls to a new cousin in TX to get his family info.
- 4. Export database to get the birthdays for the coming quarter (September –November). I add this to the newsletter to recognize family.
- 5. Scan pictures and documents received on my last trip to NC.
- 6. Send document and picture of ancestor to cousin. It’s a surprise. The family doesn’t think she’s ever seen the document and picture of her parents. They think she should have them. Don’t worry, they’re scanned.
- 7. Upload my images to a reliable image hosting site. Especially for times like these where my laptop is out of commission due to my cat eating the charger. Still waiting for my new one to be delivered. I was thinking of using Google for my images…
- 8. Learn WP. I really want to move this blog to a WP blog and incorporate my family tree online for the family to view. I understand that WP is more customizable than Blogger. But, I’m just so comfy on my Blogger platform..it’s hard to leave.
- 9. I know I’m forgetting something.
- 10. Now I know, plan the 2010 family reunion in Orlando. I need to decide on where in Orlando we’re going to have it.
- 11. My genealogy friend, Our Georgia Roots, reminded me that I need to be posting to all the online boards. I hadn’t been doing that. So, when I get my charger, I’ll make more of an effort.
So, right now, I’m working 1, 2 & 4 items on my to-do list since they go hand in hand.